Calling all Blue Ribbon Foodies & Minnesota State Fair Lovers!!
Hit the kitchen and let’s bake together for the Great Minnesota Get-Back-Together! To celebrate the official return of our hometown Minnesota State Fair in 2021, the Blue Ribbon Group is sponsoring four special baking contests at the Minnesota State Fair including:
- Best Banana Bread
- Best Fruit Pie
- Best Drop Cookie
- Best Coconut Cake
Cash Prizes & Kudos
For this “Blue Ribbon Baking Day” at the fair, we’ve organized $175 in prizes for each competition, plus there will be special recognition for blue ribbon winners across several broader baking categories: Cookies, Cakes, Pies, and Breads. Don’t miss this treasured tradition that hundreds of Minnesotans take part in every year. You’ll rub elbows with like-minded home cooks and hobby bakers on “baking drop-off day” and once the fair opens see what wins in display cases throughout the Creative Activities Building. The experience is also a wonderful warm-up for the upcoming holiday baking season.
Special Thanks to our prize partner, King Arthur Baking Company.
Blue Ribbon Baking Contest Series: Sat, Aug 21, 2021, 9:30am – 1pm (Competitors: Sign Up by Aug 10, 4:30pm)
All registration goes through the Minnesota State Fair competition department. Registration is free! There’s also no obligation if you later can’t participate. Go to the Competitions/Creative Activities/Baked Products section at MNStateFair.org to sign up (under the Participants tab). Three quick-start tips:
- Create your online account here
- For step-by-step guidance, go here.
- Sign up for the Competition Department email list here and be sure to choose “Creative Activities” as your email list.
Sign Up! *********************Registration is Closed; Stay Tuned for Follow-Up Posts **************************************
- Registration is open now. It closes August 10 at 4:30pm. No late registrations are allowed so don’t miss the deadline
- Registration is FREE
- You drop off your entry the Saturday before the fair opens, so it’s easy in, easy out. Drop off is 9:30am to 1pm on Saturday, August 21. You can even have a friend drop it off if you can’t make it
- Open to Minnesota residents only
If you are on social media, be sure to follow BLUE RIBBBON FOODIES on Instagram or Facebook (or both =). Help us grow. Like and comment on what you see there. Save and share your favorite posts. Also, stay tuned here for inspiration and award-winning recipes from Minnesota and across the country.
Want to see all the official rules? Download them here.
Good luck. We’ll be cheering for you all!
Cyndi & Crystal (aka The Blue Ribbon Group & Blue Ribbon Foodies)