These lattice-topped Apple Pie Cookies are totally tasty and so much fun to make. They won first place at the 2015 Wisconsin State Fair in one of our special contests. The blue ribbon winning cookie recipe comes from Linda Faust. They are an all-time favorite we highly recommend baking.
Linda’s crust calls for coconut oil and uses both white and wheat flours.
As a result, the sturdier crust works great to hold the filling and its shape.
The apple pie cookies recipe is below. You’ll follow these seven easy steps.
- Pulse the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Roll out into 2 equal 9-inch square portions
- Cut 1 portion into 1/2-inch strips
- Cut second portion into 3-inch side-by-side circles
- Spoon filling into center
- Weave lattice with strips on top and seal
- Brush with egg wash and bake
4 Ingredient Filling
The cookie filling has just 4 ingredients:
You cook the apples in a microwave, so it’s ready in minutes. The assembly is the fun part. They’ll be ready for the oven in no time.
The recipe makes 9 cookies. Feel free to double the recipe if you want a bigger batch.
Note: If you’re looking for a whole apple pie, make this blue ribbon winner.