State Fair Recipe Contest -5 States + National Prizes
New Splenda “Low-To-No Sugar Showdown” Recipe Contest Celebrates Sugar-Free Blue Ribbon Baking at State Fairs
$350 in Cash Awards for Top Winners in Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, Arkansas; Bonus Prizes for Sugar-Free Bakers Nationally-
If you love cakes, cookies, pies, and other sweet treats but prefer them sugar-free or diabetes-friendly, check out the new Splenda “Low-To-No Sugar Showdown.” The state fair recipe contest series takes place this summer and fall at 5 prominent fairs.
- Ohio State Fair Runs 7/27/22 – 8/7/22 Judging 7/24/22 in Rhodes Center Building
- Wisconsin State Fair Runs 8/4/22 – 8/14/22 Judging 8/7/22 in Grand Champion Hall
- Minnesota State Fair Runs 8/25/22 – 9/5/22 Judging 8/20/22 in Creative Activities Building
- State Fair of Texas Runs 9/30/22 – 10/23/22 Judging 10/5/22 in Creative Arts Building
- Arkansas State Fair Runs 10/14/22 – 10/23/22 Judging 10/19/22 in Arts & Craft Center
Note: Most fairs require advance registration, which bakers do directly with each fair’s competition office. If you can’t compete at any of these fairs, you can still participate. See below.
The Low-Down on the “Low-To-No Sugar Showdown” (Product Giveaway!)
- At each event, home-baking fairgoers receive a free 16 ounce bag of Splenda’s new plant-based, zero-calorie sweetener, Magic Baker (one per person, while supplies last).
- All winning entries will feature Splenda Magic Baker or some other Splenda product.
- Cookies, cakes, and diabetes-friendly desserts are among the varied themes at each showdown.
- $350 in cash awards are up for grabs at each of the fairs.
- 3 winners will receive cash prizes at each fair: 1st Place is $200, 2nd is $100, 3rd is $50.
- Judges choose winners for being unique and creative, with great taste, flavor and aroma, as well as presentation and texture.
- Look for a winning recipe collection on Blue Ribbon Group website and Blue Ribbon Foodies social media channels.
For contest details and complete competition guidelines, contact the fair’s entry office or the Blue Ribbon Group (here).
Bonus Prizes for Sugar-Free Baking Nationally
If you compete with a sugar-free/no added sugar recipe at ANY state fair (one of the above or other) and use Splenda, we invite you to share it with us for a chance to win a $25 gift card. To qualify, post before October 23, 2022 on social media — Facebook or Instagram, using #splenda, #lowtonosugar, #blueribbonfoodies, #blueribbonbaking, #statefair among your hashtags – and submit your sugar-free blue-ribbon-worthy baked good here. We will choose winning recipes (1 for each of 5 U.S. regions, if applicable) and feature them on our website and Blue Ribbon Foodies social media channels. Each baker with a winning recipe receives a $25 gift card.